- Specification and claims in Estonian, drawings, abstract in Estonian and in English, information about the inventor and applicant
- If the application materials were not filed in Estonian, the Estonian translation must be filed within 2 months
- Priority document within 4 months from the filing date in Estonia
- Power of Attorney original, on paper. Neither notarization nor legalization.
Deadline: 2 months from the filing date.
Representation before the Estonian Patent Office
A person with no residence, seat or commercial or industrial enterprise operating in Estonia must authorize a patent attorney as a representative before the Estonian Patent Office.
Estonian citizens may sign the Power of Attorney digitally using ID-card or Mobile ID.
Examination, grant, renewal
- The Estonian
Patent Office carries out substantive examination of the invention, examining
the novelty of the invention (worldwide novelty), the inventive step and
- No examination request is required.
- The average duration of the examination: 2.3 years.
- The patent application is published in 18 months from the filing date or
- The maximum term of validity of the patent: 20 years from the filing date.
- Renewal fee: paid for each year of validity.